The GRASS Merino’s 40th anniversary “Year of the Sheep” field day was a great success which was held at “Sunnyside” Armatree NSW on Tuesday 14th April 2015.
The day featured 3 guest speakers:
- Our very own Ian Crafter who spoke about “How to think like a sheep and design the right set of yards”
- Lu Hogan, from Sheep CRC Armidale talked about “Better decision making using EID for sheep”
- Alastair Rayner, from Rayner Ag Tamworth who talke about “Apps to improve sheep management”
There was also a Farmers Forum lead by four leading sheep producers which discussed sheep handling for profit:
- Jack Brennan, “Paraway” Warren NSW
- Twynam Cunningham, “Beeac” Cranbrook WA
- Ray Haigh, Trangie, NSW
- Megan Rogers, Forbes, NSW
Plus Graham Peart, Grass Merinos Founder who hosted the day, we are proud to say that all five producers are existing Atlex customers.
A number of manufacturers and distributors of sheep handling equipment also had displays including:
Peak Hill Industries
Tru Test and Prattley
Practical Systems (Stockbook)