Sheep and beef cattle farming rebate Special promotion – for limited time only. Get up to $2000 to help your business be smarter and safer.
Who can claim?
Sheep and beef cattle farmers in NSW – you can claim up to $2000 if you are a sole trader or employ 50 or fewer employees, and sheep or beef cattle farming is your main business.
How do I claim?
Step 1 – Select and implement an eligible safety solution from page 2.
Step 2 – Complete and sign the application form on page 3.
Step 3 – Send your application form, with tax invoice or receipt, to WorkCover NSW.
(Tax invoice, receipt or proof of purchase must be from a registered business, and state supplier’s name, address, ABN/ACN/BRN, payment date, cost, and description of product or work undertaken).
Need more information?
ELIGIBLE SAFETY SOLUTIONS
To qualify for a rebate, items must be purchased between 1 October 2013 and 30th April 2014.
Rebates do not cover GST, freight or insurance, second-hand items or repairs/service.
Rebate applications must be lodged by 30th April 2014.
Working safely with livestock
- Yard or pen systems or improvements, including pen doors, drafting gates, races and runs
- Animal restraint or handling equipment, device or crush
- Shearing back harness, fixing points for shearing back harness
- Animal loading/unloading ramps with hand-rail system
- Installation of hand-rail system to side of animal loading/unloading ramps
- Lifting devices – eg tailgate lifter
- Fall protection rail system and segregation/sliding gates for livestock transport vehicles
- Non-slip floor treatment or waterproofing of yards
- Surface treatment machinery, including pressure-water cleaning equipment
- Drainage system to prevent or alleviate slippery surfaces and water pooling in yards
- Chemical/dangerous goods storage cabinets or wire mesh secure partitioning
- Chemical bunding or spills containment system
Working safely with tractors
- Rollover protective structures (ROPs)
- Runover prevention solutions eg side access steps and platforms
- Power take off (PTO) guards for tractor attachments
Reducing exposure to sun and noise
- Sun shade protection over yard or pen systems
- Sound absorbent surface/film, barriers or screens to block direct path of sound
- Enclosures, door seals, or sound proof covers around noise sources
- Vibration isolation mountings and impact absorbers, with anchor brackets and tie-downs
- Acoustic silencers or mufflers for intake or exhaust systems
- Fitting of mufflers or silencers, silencers for air tools
- Personal hearing protectors, such as ear muffs or ear plugs
- Signage or labeling to inform noise levels and protection required