Our cattleyards are intelligently designed and meticulously constructed to eliminate cattle bruising and stress to the operator.
Standard features and optional extras available to you when investing in Atlex cattleyards include:
ON-PROPERTY DESIGN SERVICE
- Your new yards are designed to suit you.
- We specialise in custom designing cattleyards. By taking advantage of our On-Property Design Service, you will be able to appreciate the benefits of custom design when incorporating existing features into a new cattle yard design or yard renovations.
- The cattle yards can be purchased in stages as a part of a LONG-TERM PLAN, or you can purchase the high density working area and build on holding yards with cheaper material to conserve costs while achieving your overall objectives.
DELIVERY TO YOUR PROPERTY
- Delivery of your cattleyards by Atlex, to prevent the likelihood of damage and loss in the transport chain.
PEGGING OUT OF YOUR DESIGN
- We take the responsibility that your yards go together correctly and you know exactly where to dig the holes for construction.
- Our Total Base Station (Robotic Theodolite) can stakeout to the accuracy of 1mm from the agreed design.
STANDARD PERMANENT PANELS & GATES
- Standard permanent cattle panels and gates have SIX 40NB (48mm outside diameter) high tensile Galvanised rails and are 1.7 METRES HIGH.
- Panels have 80NB (89mm outside diameter) galvanised posts, which are concreted into the ground at a minimum of 700mm in a 300mm wide hole, which gives your yards a strong base to stay rigid over their life-span.
- All panels and gates that are 3.3 metres long have one flat vertical strap welded on for extra strength to the already strong high tensile galvanized steel.
- All panels and gates are square and not bent on the corners in order to minimise the risk of injuries to cattle on occasions when they attempt to jump over fences. This Atlex design feature avoids possibility of legs becoming wedged between panels.
- Optional calf/sheep rails for flexibility; two 20NB (27mm outside diameter) rails are positioned between the bottom and third rails.
- Cattlerail panels are specially designed to minimise bruising to stock. They have five high tensile galvanised 120x48x2mm rails or 120x50x2mm rails which are all notched and welded to 80NB (89mm outside diameter) high tensile galvanised posts.
- Overhead bracing around round yards, rotary forces and over 3.3m gateways to a min height of 2.4metres for extra strength at these pressure points.
NON-BRUISE ATLEX SPRING RELEASE GATE CATCH
- Gates have non-bruise Universal Slam Shut Gate Catches which do not protrude past the rail into the bruise zone, making sure you do not damage your animal’s meat or hide.
- PLUS a chain with a fabricated catch to ensure overnight security when cattle are locked in the yards.
- Double gateways have pin and chain only (no catch)
- The Sliding Gates have two roller carriages cable of supporting 450kg in the upper track to allow for easy opening, together with an inverted track on the bottom that will not block with dirt. This prevents the gate twisting under pressure.
- PLUS the sliding gates can be either one-way or two-way sliding, allowing operation from either side.
- Anti-Backers in the race allowing cattle to move forward and not back up through the use of an adjustable chain, depending on the size of cattle.
SAFETY WALK THROUGH MANWAYS
- For quick, easy and safe self-closing access and exit, manways save continually climbing over the fences or opening and shutting gates when forcing cattle into the working race.
- A standard calf race has fully sheeted panels to 1.1m high on the working side.
- Calf gates are 0.55m wide by 1.1m high.
- The race is narrow so that calves can’t turn around and 1.1m high to prevent them jumping over the top.
- Sheeting on the inside to 1.1metres and sheeting on the outside to 1.7metres.
- Escape gates on the outside to release animals in the event they go down.
- No gap between panels, therefore no breaking or injuring legs of cattle.
- Dimensions help prevent young cattle from turning around and minimises congestion, saving you time and eliminating frustration.
SAFETY NON-SLIP RAISED WALKWAYS
- On the inside of the working races & rotary forces at approximately 500mm height and a minimum of 600mm wide for safety.
- Allows you safe access to your cattle while they are in the race.
- Concrete surface to be poured on-site (excludes concrete).
HEAVY-DUTY ROTARY FORCE
- 3.3 metre radius curved force yard, all fully sheeted.
- Rotary force gate is fully sheeted with a brake catch, which can be stopped at any stage on the circular force
- A 50×50 RHS frame, heavy 1.5mm sheet rivetted to the frame with overhead bracing and 80NB posts on the outside.
- Eliminates the need to have the operator in a confined area forcing cattle into the race
- Automatic brake prevents cattle from escaping back.
- Controls can be operated from the ground or from a walkway on the outside of the yards.
- Fully sheeted to eliminate issues of outside distractions for cattle, enticing them to move freely towards the open race.
HYDRAULIC OR PNEUMATIC DRAFTING GATES
- We can provide hydraulic or pneumatic drafting gates as required
COVERED WORKING AREA
- We can design your yards to be fully undercover or just the working area of your cattleyards, allowing you to work comfortably in all weather conditions.
ATLEX WEIGH BOX
- Atlex fully galvanised suspended weigh box, we can use your existing scales & indicators or we can provide you with Gallagher products.
CATTLE CRUSHES & CALF CRADLES
- A wide range of Cattle Crushes, headbails and calf cradles available to suit your needs.
GALLAGHER WEIGHING EQUIPMENT
- Atlex can supply a wide range of Gallagher weighing equipment to be incorporated in to your cattleyards.
COMPREHENSIVE CONSTRUCTION GUIDE SHEETS
- Helpful hints on how to put your new cattle yards together or…
- Atlex can provide an experienced construction contractor team to put up your new cattleyards.
- You will receive at least one visit within the first 12 months to ensure your satisfaction with the infrastructure and address any operational issues. We welcome feedback and comments as well as always being willing to assist with queries.
- Warranty on all Alex materials and product workmanship as our commitment to your cattleyards as a result of consultative design, delivery to your property by Atlex and manufactured in accordance with Atlex’s quality system.