We intelligently design and meticulously construct feedlot cattleyards to eliminate cattle bruising and stress to the operator. Atlex Stockyards design, manufacture and construct receival, induction & processing yards and loading ramps. We can also provide access to a team of highly qualified and experienced professionals to undertake feedlot feasibility, detail design and development.
Good design minimises operating costs and results in a functional, conforming, efficient, safe and importantly, a profitable feedlot facility. Your business will only benefit from our unsurpassed industry experience in design, construction and delivery of such stock handling facilities.
We are proud to continue to undertake larger and smaller projects ranging from full design of new feedlot facilities, to renovation of existing feedlot facilities, manufacture and construction.
By taking advantage of our On-Property Design Service, you will be able to appreciate the benefits of custom design when incorporating existing features into a new feedlot cattleyard design or renovations.
When Atlex Stockyards conduct an Feedlot On-Property Design for you we will:
- TRAVEL to your property.
- Use our TOTAL BASE STATION (Robotic Theodolite) to survey your site (to an accuracy of 1mm, but for the purposes of the survey it may be 5mm) and DISCUSS WITH YOU all your requirements.
- Design a complete, accurate, COMPUTER AIDED two dimensional design drawn to scale which gives you flexibility for quick editing to assess many different design options.
- Combine TEMPLE GRANDIN (Phd) DESIGN PRINCIPLES with our Atlex designs, which are regularly peer reviewed between Temple Grandin herself and Ian Crafter. Temple Grandin is a world authority on animal psychology from America
- Appraise the best direction of flow using all the ATLEX ANIMAL PSYCHOLOGY PRINCIPLES. This is CRITICAL to the SUCCESS of the yard design
- Incorporate any EXISTING FEATURES such as sheds, trees, dips, roads, fence lines or holding yards to make the project more COST EFFECTIVE.
- Stakeout the agreed design, to an accuracy of 1mm using our Total Base Station (Robotic Theodolite), provided you proceed with the cattleyards
- Provide experience in designing, manufacturing and installing over 3,000 different saleyards, feedlots, abattoirs and stockyards since 1984, plus owning our own properties and running cattle and sheep, helps provide you with the advantage of assessing many DIFFERENT OPTIONS at work.
- Advise and assist you with financing and planning the project in full or in stages over time.
As you can appreciate from the description here, our design service is comprehensive and meticulous, and entails an on-site visit by our design specialists.
This service is FREE when you go ahead and purchase yards from the design (value of $10,000 or more per site). However, if you choose not to proceed or spend less than $10,000 per site, then there is a fee of $1,100 incl GST per site and the plans are yours to keep
Feedlots can be purchased in stages as a part of a LONG-TERM PLAN, or you can purchase the high density working area and build on holding yards in cheaper material to conserve costs while achieving your overall objectives.