Atlex stockyards is the market leader being the most experienced and advanced designers, innovators and manufacturers of sheepyards in the world, no other company has as much industry experience than Atlex
We can design and build a complete new sheepyard system or one that uses your existing sheepyards and features.
Atlex Sheepyard designs allow sheep to flow QUICKER, EASIER and SAFER.
Standard features and optional extras available to you when investing in Atlex sheep yards include:
ON-PROPERTY DESIGN SERVICE
- Your new yards are designed to suit you.
- We specialise in custom designing sheepyards. By taking advantage of our On-Property Design Service , you will be able to appreciate the benefits of custom design when incorporating existing features into a new sheepyard design or yard renovations.
- The sheepyards can be purchased in stages as a part of a LONG-TERM PLAN, or you can purchase the high density working area and build on holding yards with cheaper material to conserve costs while achieving your overall objectives.
DELIVERY TO YOUR PROPERTY
- Delivery of your sheep yards by Atlex, to prevent the likelihood of damage and loss in the transport chain.
PEGGING OUT OF YOUR DESIGN
- We take the responsibility that your sheepyards go together correctly and you know exactly where to dig the holes.
- Our Total Base Station (Robotic Theodolite) can stakeout to the accuracy of 1mm from the agreed design.
PANELS & GATES
- Standard panels and gates have 50NB galvanised posts (60mm outside diameter) with FIVE 20NB/26.9D and ONE 25NB/33.7OD rails for the long life and durability of your yards.
- All posts are in the ground at least 625mm and the panels stand ONE METRE HIGH.
- All panels and gates 3.3 metres long have two flat vertical straps welded on for extra strength to the already strong high tensile galvanized steel.
- All panels and gates between 2.2 – 3.15 metres in length have one vertical support in the centre.
- All 3.3 Metre Gates have 80NB/89OD galvanised posts to prevent any sagging.
- BLIND PANELS are sheeted to one metre allowing the correct approach for doubling the speed of drafting.
- All panels and gates are Square and not bent on the corners to minimise the risk of sheep, in particular expensive rams, jumping over fences and possibly breaking their legs after becoming wedged at the bottom of the curve.
- Atlex sheep yards can also be used for GOATS. Depending on the type of goats the yards can have standard panels/gates which are 1m high with six rails or we do have the option of panels/gates with SEVEN RAILS standing 1.2 METRES HIGH.
A LOT OF GATES
- Atlex yard designs incorporate lots of gate for flexibility, with 2.2m internal gates having the UNIQUE ATLEX 360 DEGREE HINGES, which allows gates to fold back against either side of the fence and prevent sheep from continually wedging behind a three-quarter open gate.
ATLEX ADJUSTABLE TAPERED DRAFTING RACE
- This forces sheep and lambs to approach the drafting gates in single file for ease of drafting and preventing them from turning around or lambs coming beside the ewe.
- It eliminates the need to block sheep with your knees.
- It can be widened for whatever reason, like filling the drenching race.
- The Adjustable Tapered Drafting Race can double the speed of drafting over conventional drafting races.
- There is also the option of having the Adjustable Tapered Drafting Race on a FRAME with or with out the draft gates that can be portable or bolted to a concrete floor
HAWKER TIP SWING BLOCK GATE
- The Hawker Gate quickly and discreetly blocks both the adjustable drafting race and the working race.
- It neatly folds between two posts and then swings back flush along the outside of the race out of the way.
- It can be opened and closed easily in only 2-3 seconds without any chains or catches.
- The rails on this gate are vertical (like on a swimming pool gate) and 100mm higher to reduce the possibility of sheep breaking their legs if attempting to jump the Hawker gate when it is shut.
SAFETY DRAFT GATES
- Safety draft gates are 1.6m or 1.1m long with a looped safety handle to prevent any hand or wrist injuries if sheep should jump when being drafted.
UNIQUE SAFETY MANWAY WITH DOG FLAP
- The Atlex Manway with dog flap provides an easy and safe self-closing access and exit so you and your dog don’t need to climb over the fence.
- Diamond Yards for flexibility between yards
SMOOTH TOP WORKING RACE
- Having a smooth top working race prevents your drenching and jetting hoses becoming snagged at each post and pulling the hose off your backpack resulting in drenching chemical running down your back.
- Option to have a Removable Panel in the working race to allow the positioning of scales with a Draft Gate in front.
OPTIONAL RAISED WORKING RACE WITH TOE RECESS
Sheep are raised up to a more comfortable working height and allows your toes to be inserted under the concrete floor to reduce the strain on your back.
- Ramps have sheeted sides to 1m to ensure sheep go up without stopping midway. Includes flooring but excludes Concrete.
COVERED WORKING AREA
- By having the working area of your sheepyards undercover, it enables you to work comfortably in all weather conditions.
- Keeps you out of the sun and skin cancer causing ultra violet radiation. Up to 10 degrees cooler attracting a breeze making it easier on people, sheep and dogs. You no longer need to delay work as you can be comfortably out of the sun in summer and rain in winter.
- Provides extra storage for shearing shed if complete yard is covered next to working race and drafting race.
COMPREHENSIVE CONSTRUCTION GUIDE
- Helpful hints on how to put your new sheepyards together or…
- Atlex can provide an experienced construction contractor team to put up your new sheepyards.
- You will receive at least one visit within the first 12 months to ensure your satisfaction with the infrastructure and address any operational issues. We welcome feedback and comments.
- Warranty on all Atlex materials and product workmanship as our commitment to your sheepyards as a result of consultative design, delivery to your property by Atlex and manufactured in accordance with the Atlex’s quality system.