SAVE HUNDREDS AND EVEN THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS by having your own personal On-Property Design. This service is especially beneficial when incorporating existing features into a new yard design or yard renovations such as sheds, fence lines, trees, dips, roads, holding yards and loading facilities.
Whether it is Naracoorte in South Australia, Tambellup in Western Australia, Lake Bolac in Victoria, Wellington in NSW or Cunnamulla in Queensland we will travel Australia wide to provide you with a customised sheep handling facility.
Don’t risk getting it wrong as often or not- if it is wrong now, it will be wrong for a lifetime, and that is hard work for you for 40-50 years. Don’t end up with a horror story that you are probably wanting to leave behind with your last set of yards. Your new Atlex sheepyards are designed to suit you to make your sheep work quicker easier and safer.
We specialise in custom designing sheepyards with flexibility and working within your budget are our priorities while ensuring your new sheepyards make sheep work quicker, easier & safer. By taking advantage of our On-Property Design Service, you will be able to appreciate the benefits of custom design when incorporating existing features into a new sheepyard design or yard renovation.
When Atlex Stockyards do an ON-PROPERTY DESIGN for you we will:
- TRAVEL to your property.
- Use our TOTAL BASE STATION (Robotic Theodolite) to survey your site (to an accuracy of 1mm, but for the purposes of the survey it may be 5mm) and DISCUSS WITH YOU all your requirements.
- A complete, accurate, COMPUTER AIDED two dimensional design drawn to scale which gives you flexibility for quick editing to assess many different design options.
- Atlex designs combine TEMPLE GRANDIN (Phd) DESIGN PRINCIPLES, which are regularly peer reviewed between Temple Grandin herself and Ian Crafter. Temple Grandin is a world authority on animal psychology from America.
- Appraise the best direction of flow using all the ATLEX ANIMAL PSYCHOLOGY PRINCIPLES. This is CRITICAL to the SUCCESS of the yard design.
- Incorporate any EXISTING FEATURES such as sheds, trees, dips, roads, fence lines or holding yards to make the project more COST EFFECTIVE.
- If you proceed with the sheepyards, our Total Base Station (Robotic Theodolite) can stakeout to the accuracy of 1mm from the agreed design.
- Experience in designing, manufacturing and installing over 3,000 different saleyards, feedlots, abattoirs and stockyards since 1984, plus owning our own properties and running cattle and sheep, helps provide you with the advantage of assessing many DIFFERENT OPTIONS at work.
- Advise and assist you with financing and planning the project in full or in stages over time.
As you can appreciate from the description here, our design service is comprehensive and meticulous, and entails an on-site visit by our design specialists. This service is FREE when you go ahead and purchase yards from the design (value of $3,000 or more per site). However if you choose not to proceed or spend less than $3,000 per site, then there is a fee of $550 incl GST per site and the plans are yours to keep.
Sheep yards can be purchased in stages as a part of a LONG-TERM PLAN, or you can purchase the high density working area and build on holding yards in cheaper material to conserve costs while achieving your overall objectives.